Wednesday, September 17, 2008

TBA:08

Last Sunday, I saw the most incredible, most entertaining, and most educational food-for-thought awe-inspiring monologue I have ever experienced. Some may argue this is simply because it was one of just a few monologues I have attended; but this can't be true! Mike Daisey is a BEAST! And I don't mean that in a bad way. I mean that in the way that someone means their coworker is really good at what they do when they call them a machine. But I digress...

Mike Daisey's "MONOPOLY!" tells several stories, including his own childhood tales of a Wal-Mart moving into his hometown and popular misconception about history like Nicola Tesla's struggle with Edison's stronghold over the electricity industry. These stories are beautifully blended and woven together to create a wholly awesome call-to-action or at least something to kick start our minds in the right direction against the tyrannous reign of multinational corporations in today's culture and society.

No comments: