Sunday, September 14, 2008

American Photography

Photobucket
Stanley J. Forman, 1975

The most important things that I took from the video series was that I never realized how much I take photography for granted. I never thought much about how the photography that we have always taken for granted has shaped our history and the way that we document our history. I really liked how the video talked about how digital photography creates a disposable feel with deleting seemingly useless photos that may be very important in the future. The war photography and the ways that the government censored what was being published during the Iraq war was infuriating. We have a right to know what happens in times of war so that we are not blindly and silently approving of atrosities, simply because we are unaware.

No comments: