Sunday, November 9, 2008

Koyaanisqatsi

Well, I didn't hate it...but it was painful. The movie had the worst start to a film, yes nature is beautiful, unfortunately watching nature scenes for long periods of time is boring. Like many other people in the class I believe that the film got better as it introduced people. But even that change wore off as the film continued for way too long. The film seemed to portray the human race as a disease of the earth and was slightly depressing. The whole time watching the film I was waiting for the movie to start, because the whole film was like the introduction to another movie, the part where it shows random shots of city-scapes and is narrated before the title is shown. To me Koyaanisqatsi was the worst film I have seen in this class so far. Why was this film important to the art world?

Derek Klayum

No comments: