Monday, November 10, 2008

Koyaanisqasti

This film is definitely one that you cannot be tired when watching.  Keeping focus was pretty difficult, especially in the beginning. The music is deep and dark which goes very appropriately with the film I thought.  I really enjoyed the aerial landscape shots. It just started getting very repetitive. I felt that the nature scenes were metaphorically used as comparison to humans and the way we naturally go about things/life. Once the film started getting into the industrial shots and the nuclear bomb, I realized I was still paying attention and wanted to know what else was going to be shown. Once people and "life" started presenting itself I found myself more intrigued. Although the film had a definite depression over it with the music and the scenes each dragging on and on,  I enjoyed the film, but wouldn't be able to watch it again I think. Maybe on a really big t.v.. 
-Sam

No comments: