Monday, November 17, 2008

Koyaaniquatsi

I can sum up in one word what I thought about Koyaaniquatsi, and that word is turd. I know that it may be harsh of me to be so judgemental but, I stand behind my initial response. I think that while it is beautiful and all, it is all that I hate about art. Trying to be high art does not mean that you are making high art. While I can't deny that it has been influential and all, I think the nail in the coffin for me was the horrible excuse for a soundtrack by Philip Glass. I think that it is fitting however that he did the music for that. Both the video and Philip Glass are pretentious and make me want to follow in Chris Burden's footsteps and shoot my self in the arm, or crawl across broken glass rather than have to watch that again.

Erin Wilkinson

1 comment:

Sophia.Stalliviere said...

It was difficult to follow, i did enjoy it but at the same time, it would not be one where i would seek out to see again. There were too many weird factors to it and it seemed like you had to be on some sort of acid trip to really see what it was all about. but it's not so bad to shot yourself in the arm, but maybe do some sort of pain to get through.
Sophia stalliviere