Saturday, October 11, 2008

Wall, Crewdson, and Baldessari Video


The artist I would like to talk about is Gregory Crewdson. After watching this video segment on him, I realized that I have seen in his art before. His pictures are very elaborate and look like as if they are a freeze frame from a movie. I don't think the amount of work that goes into his pictures is really worth it. It just seems like once someone incorporates all of the fancy bells and whistles to get that perfect picture, where is the talent? Anything can be done if there is enough money to do it. His picture are great to look at, but that's it. My question to the class is: Is it fair to compare Gregory Crewdson's work to that of other photographers or should it be in a category of its own?

Chad Miltenberger

No comments: