Sunday, September 7, 2008

TBA08: Hot Mess: Technology as Tragicomedy

I took part in a "chat" today that had three artists in attendance. Lizzie Fitch, whom has an installation piece at the Works at the Left Bank, Ryan Trecartin, a filmmaker that is showing his film, I-Be Area, and Jacob Hartman, another artist with an installation piece.
I have to say that Jacob Hartman was well spoken and you really got a sense of who he was as an artist. Both Ryan and Lizzie seemed wanting to impress more than connect with us. I left more angry and hurt than inspired, realizing that sometimes I really don't want to know what the artist is thinking. I was so much more content with my own interpretation.
I do recommend however seeing both installation pieces since they are very much "outside the box."

No comments: