Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Susan Sontag on Photography


Why does it mean so much to us with pictures? It is that moment of time but why couldn’t people just remember what happened instead of having that picture? For me I just think about the fact that we have those pictures because we don’t remember everything exactly how it was. We want to remember how we want them to be but when we see that picture we think “Wow, ok I remember that.” May that be good or bad. Does it really matter? Not to me. I have had some of the best times and the worst times, but when I see the pictures I just think “that was me..” and I think people tend to forget that. Pictures were not developed to have what others want you to feel, even though they do that, pictures are worth a thousand words, they are there to make one remember what has happened.

No comments: